Recording your mixes with DJ Mixer II
- Record your mix by tapping the red Record button on the bottom of the mixer screen
- Tap the Record button again to stop the recording
Your recording is automatically added to your music library and you can load it back for playback in the mixer. Tap ALL TRACKS in the mixer’s music library to browse your saved recordings.
In addition, your recording is saved as a high-quality uncompressed WAVE audio file and you can copy it to your Mac or PC using iTunes or import the recording to DJ Mixer II.
Transferring recorded mixes to your computer
- Connect your mobile device to your PC or Mac computer and open iTunes
- In iTunes, click the device icon on the left
- Click Apps in the top menu
- Scroll down to reveal File Sharing and click on the DJ Mixer II app icon
- Click your desired mix recording in the list and click Save To… on bottom right side of the files list
Uploading recorded mixes to other apps
DJ Mixer II now supports the export of recorded mixes to other applications that can play or share WAVE files. Some notable apps that support DJ Mixer II WAVE files are Dropbox and VLC player.
How to upload recorded mixes to Dropbox:
- Download and install the Dropbox app.
- Sign up for an account or sign in to your account.
- Open DJ Mixer II.
- Go to the Mixer.
- Load two tracks and record a mix (the record button is in the bottom right).
- When you are done recording, tap the record button again and press ‘Yes’ when prompted.
- Select the Open in… option.
- Select Open in Dropbox.
NOTE: Please allow up to 1 minute for iOS to open the Dropbox app.
- You will be taken to Dropbox.
- Name the file and choose a desired destination.
How to upload recorded mixes to other apps that support WAVE files:
- Open DJ Mixer II
- Go to the Mixer
- Load two tracks and record a mix (the record button is in the bottom right)
- When you are done recording, tap the record button again and press ‘Yes’ when prompted to stop recording
- Select the Open in… option
- Select the desired app to open your file in
NOTE: Please allow up to 1 minute for iOS to open the app
- You will be taken to the selected app
Playing your recorded mixes in DJ Mixer II
- Go to your music library and tap ALL TRACKS
- A track for your recording should appear in the playlist
- Tap the track to add it to one of the mixer’s decks